ISU Resident Faculty
Profile : Space Applications
To provide the next generation of International Space University (ISU) students and young professionals with an outstanding education, the university is seeking a new resident faculty member in Space Applications. Reporting to the ISU Master of Space Studies (MSS) Program Director, the successful applicant will be responsible for the planning and delivery of the Space Applications discipline on the MSS, at the same time supporting other ISU programs in her/his field of speciality as required.
In this role, the faculty will perform the following tasks:
• Curriculum planning in coordination with the ISU MSS team
• Teaching on the MSS and on other ISU programs as necessary (e.g., SSP, ESC)
• Setting and evaluation of assignments/exams and assessment of student work
• Supervision of MSS Individual and Thesis Projects
• Contribution to/supervision of MSS Team Projects
• Academic and pastoral support of MSS students
• Evaluation of applications to ISU programs
The following are position requirements:
• PhD in a space-related technical discipline
• Experience in teaching space applications/engineering (including curriculum and assessment design)
• Experience in space-related research
• Excellent knowledge of English (ISU working and teaching language).
The following experience/skills are very strong assets for this position:
• Smallsat/payload design, construction and testing
• Ground station operations
• Smallsat operations and applications
• Project management
• Research bid writing
• Familiarity with the MSS or other ISU programs
• Experience working with interdisciplinary, intercultural, and international teams or organizations
• Strong affinity for hands-on activities
You are invited to apply by mail or e-mail to ISU Human Resources unit, Parc d’Innovation - 1 rue Jean-Dominique Cassini – 67400 Illkirch-Graffenstaden - France, email: email@example.com. Applications must include a cover letter, a Curriculum Vitae with a list of publications or works, and contact information for three persons from whom professional references may be requested.
Starting date: 1 September 2018
The closing date for applications is 15 May 2018
The International Space University is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, religion, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please check this page regularly for up-to-date information about employment opportunities with the International Space University .
* The International Space University is an equal opportunity employer *